Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 4


Word of the week:
Inveigle: (transitive verb):
1.To persuade by ingenuity or flattery; to entice.
2.To obtain by ingenuity or flattery.

I heard about the movie “Princess Mononoke” for a long time now, and finally I decided to watch it last week. The movie was written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, released in 1997 by Studio Ghibli. This animated movie is a historical fantasy of Japan. The story is full of fantastic elements include monsters, gods and spirits. I watched this movie with an open minded that it was made more than a decade ago, so I was not surprise that the animation technique cannot be compare to now a day technology in the animation industry. As I was watching, I was expecting a happy ending which I’ve always seen in animation, but then I was surprised (not disappointed) to find out that the ending was unexpected and there is no perfect happy ending, because after all this is not a Disney’s animation movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment