Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 1


 Word of the week:

verdant:

1.Green with vegetation; covered with green growth.

2.Green.

3.Lacking experience or sophistication; naive.

It’s the first week of school and there are so many assignments and homework already. My weekend started and ended in a blink of the eyes. Sunday night, I went home from a contest practice at 9 PM. I was so exhausted, but I looked down on the floor, and saw my Bristol board laying there. I look at the blank page and I feel like it’s staring back at me with a mocking smile. The assignment was to draw a self-portrait by looking into the mirror. I sat down, tiredly pick up a pencil and started to draw what I saw from the reflection of the mirror in front of me. Before starting this project, I wanted to make my face look bright, happy and lively because that is how I always want to present myself. However, the outcome of my drawing is opposite.  I drew myself so tired and without a smile. My face reflected how tired I was after a long day, my eyes were half asleep and my make up was ruined.  I wish I could manage my time more and complete my assignment earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment